Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anyone else with no period at 24 month?

Unhappy Anyone else with no period at 24 month?

My LO is turning two today. We are ttc but I haven't had any period yet. I'm getting frustrated as I have been feeling as if my period would come soon since over six month. I would feel crampy and pmsy for a few days but nothing happens...
    I've had my thyroid tested and also iron, vit B12 and all was normal.
    LO is nursing quite frequently day and night. Recently she has even increased her nursing as we have been traveling and she needs the reassurance. As much as I love our nursing I'm longing to get pregnant again. Also, I'm not sure anymore how much of the nursing happens because of boredom or just, because I'm there and it is nice.... I would like to reduce the frequency but she has been very insisting lately if I try to offer alternatives...
    I'll appreciate any sharing of similar experiences. Did you have to wean or did the period come back anyways over time? How did or do you manage to reduce nursing frequency in a toddler without making them want it even more?

Default Re: Anyone else with no period at 24 month?

I didn't get my cycle back until my son was 25 months old and he was still nursing very often. So maybe it will be soon without doing anything different.

Hi Abcdmom! Thank you so much for your reply. When I first read it last month it gave me the confidence to just wait some more. And what a surprise, I got my first postpartum period yesterday, the day my LO turned 25 month. I did not change anything regarding our nursing and I'm happy I had the patience to wait and see... Now we are a step closer to conceiving our second baby...

Oh that's great!! Thank you for the update!! So glad it worked out!