Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Biting!

Default Biting!

My LO will be 10 months old soon. She has developed nasty habit of biting me at seemingly random times. Sometimes, it's when she's near the end of a feeding, other times, she pops off & I think she's done but then she signs for more so I offer & she bites instead of latching. Just now, she was only 2 minutes into nursing when she bit down hard. Every time she bites, I say "Ouch!" (sometimes quite loudly...I can't help it) and a unlatch her and cover up. Occasionally, she gets upset & signs for more. Other times, she doesn't seem phased. Is there anything else I can do to try to get her to stop? Nursing her is causes me great anxiety now.

Default Re: Biting!

Is this a new behavior?
    I assume you have read the kellymom article on biting? Lots of great ideas there.
    This recent thread may give you some help: http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...problems-10-mo

Default Re: Biting!

She's been doing it for about a month, month-and-a-half. I read Kellymom article back when she first started biting but it doesn't seem like she's biting for the reasons listed in that article. I'll give the thread you linked a read to see if there are other ways to combat it. Thanks!