Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I replace a nursing?

Default Re: How do I replace a nursing?

My DD just turned one, and we're down to the first thing in the morning and last thing at night nursings. FREEDOM! Changing her nursings over to meals or snacks has always gone smoothly, I think she likes the independence of feeding herself. I'm planing to start going back to the office soon (I work at home now), and I need to replace the first nursing with breakfast, but she usually wakes up to nurse right when I get up at 6:30, and I really don't want to have to go make her a full breakfast right then. I guess I could give her a bottle of cow's milk to hold her over until I've at least had my shower. Anybody have other suggestions?

pl help me figure this out...

my ds insists on nursing first thing when he awakens at 6.30am. he'll whine and bob up and down and even get into the nursing position! then he has a decent brekkie of oats/fruit or slice of bread/fruit and a nursing before nap. all within 2 hours! i figure maybe i can drop the morning nursing? this way, even if he missses the morning nap, he can go on until noon for a nap, after his lunch.

on the other hand, i could let him nurse in the morning and then drop the afternoon nursing at about 1.45pm before his next nap? i'm thinking ok, he's had a morning nap and if he fights sleep becos he hasn't nursed, at least i can have the option to bring forward his bedtime.

prob is he's not taking to the sippy cup/straw cup w/milk. in fact, even with water, he'll take maybe less than an oz and that's it. he's obviously taking most of his fluids from BM.

what are your experience and thots??

I am so grateful that this thread is here! I am 4 and a half months pregnant and wanting to wean my son. Right now he BF's when he wakes up at 7AM, at morning nap, 9AM, afternoon nap at 1PM and at bed at 7PM. He is 13 months old. He has ALWAYS nursed to sleep and is a bad sleeper in the first place. I am scarred that he will fight naps even more than he already does. He also is not a very good solid food eater. He has dropped below the 5th percentile and I am nervous that if I cut out nursing he will drop even lower. He is now drinking cow milk, but not usually more than 10 ozs a day. I want to make sure my boy has enough calories in a day to start gaining more weight, but I also want to be able to successfully wean him before I have the next baby. HELP!!!