Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: gas issues

Talking gas issues

does anyone have any good gas remedies? I've tried the gas drops, but they don't seem to make a difference. my 7.5 mos old i think has gas issues in his sleep that make him toss and turn. doesn't seem to matter what he eats ( doing 3 meals of solids now too).

Default Re: gas issues

Maybe he's just getting too many solids? Solids can be hard for little tummies to process. Could you try cutting way back or stopping the solids altogether for a few days to see if that helps?

Which drops have you tried? Some people swear by Gripe Water and say Mylicon did nothing to help. Some people have the opposite experience. You could try bicycling DB's legs before bedtime, or putting him in Happy Baby pose, which is great for getting out gas.
    http://www.yogahouseofbellevue.com/c..._Lululemon.jpg

I haven't tried gripe water,, where would I get that? It dosen't seem to matter if he has alot of solids or not, I think if he wold just learn to fart better while he slept we'd be doing great!

You can get grip water at many pharmacies or health food shops, I would just ring them up before you go looking for it!

I carry my baby (my second child) on my hip facing out with my arm wrapped around her tummy... this is habit for me b/c my first child had horrible gas issues. So, if you think you're dc is gassy, carry him with your arm pressed against his tummy for awhile-just watch out as this position can result in some spit-up (I leave a burp cloth draped over my arm as well... I've had to clean my watch too many times!).

Good luck,
    Beth, Mom to Sophie-3yo and Bella-5.5 mos