Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vent about annoying nursing habits

Default Re: Vent about annoying nursing habits

My son has stopped scratching/pinching so much.
    Now he's doing this rhythmic squeezing thing with both hands one on either side of my breast. I feel like I'm being milked. Ha-ha! It's super funny and not painful so less annoying.
    It's true what they say, you don't like what's happening? Wait awhile. Unfortunately, it goes the other way too. Oh well, I need to remember to trust my baby. They know how to regulate the supply.

Default Re: Vent about annoying nursing habits

Another thread reminded me of this one so I figured I'd update.
    We're in to distracted nurser phase. He still kneads my breast, sometimes "milks" me, pinches, grabs fistfulls of my breast and twists, bobs off and on and is now turning his head to see things while trying to stay attached. He is very social too so this is often done with a devilish grin. The kid looks proud of himself for maneuvering to grab something off the table behind him while still clamped on.
    However, he is responding better to social disapproval (i.e., frown and say, "ow, that hurst, be nice to mommy, no pinching") of some undesired behaviors and his true biting behavior has (for now) successfully been extinguished by completely removing my breast and my attention every time he bit. I also encouraged him to "just let go" to end a nursing session. I think he had been using biting to communicate this. So every time he let go I ended the session instead of offering again right away to ensure he was done. This resulted in quite a few times that he cued again immediately and sometimes cried, but we have better communication regarding ending a nursing session now.
    I wholeheartedly expect this all to change any day now for the worse and the better. We are constantly changing beings and growing,learning babies even more so.