Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok, so weaning...

Default Re: Ok, so weaning...

Quote Originally Posted by GavinsMommy View Post
    hubby is still hoping it won't go too long, but all I can tell him is, I don't know!
    I hear that!! I think I may have told DH a million times that "the American Association of Pediatrics recommends BFing until at least 2years" but he doesn't want to hear it. I can't think of anything more official sounding than that! He tried to correct me the other day and say that AAP says it's "allowable until 2 years" but I told him he was wrong. I've also argued that he'll be a healthier toddler....blah blah blah it's in one ear and out the other. So when he tells me "no comment" I give him a look (you kwim, right? ) and whip it out!!!

yeah I'm done explaining myself, it's my boobs, my baby, MY choice! lol I even have my Mom & Aunt now (when I talk about Gavin having FIVE teeth lol) ahh time to start weaning *sigh* I just ignore them
    Melanie
    Proud Army Wife to James
    Loving Mommy to DS Gavin: March 16, 2006 and DSS Cody: Feb 13, 1998
    Banners/Photos/HC

Quote Originally Posted by GavinsMommy View Post
    I just ignore them
    That seems like the best thing. Everyone knows what's best for your baby except you, right? I get it from DH, extended fam, friends, coworkers...I simply don't want to hear it anymore! They act like I'm dressing him in a pink tutu and parading him around downtown. Good grief