Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ow Ow Ow!

Default Ow Ow Ow!

Ok im in pain...

Last night DS slept so long that when i woke up my breast that makes the most milk was SO full of milk i practically woke up crying in pain. So i pumped it all out and nursed a little too..i found a very tender spot on my breast. It didnt go away with the pump or feeding. tried the same thing this morning. the pain is still there and even worse. to touch it gives me chills because of the pain. A let down is the worst. When i feel a let down coming the tingling is intense and i have to grit my teeth..I feel that its a backed up duct from the long night without nursing.

Whats really the BEST method you have found for relieveing a clogged duct? I am about to try heat and nursing.. please help.. very painful..

Default Re: Ow Ow Ow!

Sounds like you are on the right track!
    Nurse, nurse, nurse. I find that if I take a hot shower and massage the sore breast just before nursing, this helps a lot.

Hang in there!

Default Re: Ow Ow Ow!

Heat and nursing are truly the best medicine! You are on the right track, and they do so hurt! Take care and get plenty of rest too!

Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes