Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Baby 6 days old, need help!

Default Re: Baby 6 days old, need help!

Baby seemed hungry during a feed just now and it really felt like nothing much was coming out so I used a syringe and put it in the corner of his mouth and fed him 1.5 oz of bm from that..
    I have ordered a lactaid incase I need to supplement and have emailed a close consultant who's name I found on this sight... I'm feeling desperate right now...

He's had 8 very wet and dirty diapers (the output of poo being bigger than two quarters each time) and then two additional very wet diapers. my scale isn't showing any change today but I checked his weight right after he'd had a wet and dirty diaper change..
    What could cause him to have great output but not gain much weight?
    What did I tell you about daily weight checks??? You answered your own question. Baby pooped a ton today. Ergo, not much I any gain is going to show in this particular 24 hours.

I hope the IBCLC can help you. Here is info about an appointment with an IBCLC. http://cwgenna.com/lconsult.html

I do not think this site has lists of IBCLCs... do you mean a LLL Leader? Not the same thing... but may be helpful, nonetheless. Here is a source for finding local IBCLCs: http://www.ilca.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

I wasn't going to weigh again yesterday-I just that someone said to check it every day...

As far as the consultant, she's a leader and an IBCLC. She works at a local hospital.

OK I hope you can get in to see her then.

Weighed lo this morning after feeding him. Scale said 7.6 1/2..

Ugh.. I hate when the late afternoon and evening role around because he cluster feeds in the late afternoon and then in the evening before bed and it literally feels like he's drainjng me. He gets frustrated because it's extrememly so flowing firthe most part and I'll have a let down and it's super slow for a while... I fear that he falls asleep without being full

I talked with the IBCLC and she wasn't too concerned. She said everything with him sounds like he's getting plenty, just that he's gaining slowly.. My scale showed him at 7.6 1/2 twice today, so hopefully it means we're making progress.

I'm super discouraged feeling but it no way giving up. I ordered a lactaid to have just incase something is wrong and he's not gaining enough, but I only plan on using it if I HAVE to... I really hope the Dom helps my supply. The IBCLC was encouraging of me using it, just wanting me to be careful not to over do it and end up with over supply..

It should be here next week. How long does it usually take to start working?

Maybe he's going through a growth spurt?

Weighed little man this morning and my scale said 7.8. So that's 5.5 oz since Wednesday on my scale..

Sounds like a good gain!! Maybe things are looking up for both our little slow gainers!! Lol

Baby weighed 7.10 1/2 this morning, so he's gaine 15.5 oz in the last 17 days. I'm happy with that!
    Also, my supply has picked up too!