Breastfeeding Today, Issue 29, May 2015

Features: Body Image of Mothers - How strong are your feelings about your body? Do you think about your body and whether it pleases or bothers you? How often does it cross your mind? It’s hard to imagine a woman on the planet who doesn’t have strong feelings about her body and the way she looks...

Love at First Sight? - "Does motherhood come with that rush of love? I think, like many mothers-to-be, I expected to fall head over heels in love with my baby the first minute I saw her. We have all heard about the rush of love that comes at first sight, but do we all experience it on first meeting our babies?"

Is Breastfeeding Always Best? - Human milk is the natural food for babies, uniquely meeting their changing needs. But what about a situation where breastfeeding could involve exposing the baby to potential harm?

The Building Blocks of Breastfeeding through a Broken Marriage - "In what seemed like the blink of an eye, my family went from poster of perfection to order of protection. The stress was compounded by not having income to support a toddler, as well as a breastfeeding, not-quite two-year-old, and myself. As any breastfeeding mother knows, change makes a baby cling even more to the breast for comfort..."
Mothers' Stories: Sarah's Story: Recovering from an Eating Disorder
Mom to Mom: Family Travels - My husband and I, our preschooler, and breastfeeding baby are planning to make a vacation in July that will involve a lot of travel, by air, road, and rail. I am really anxious about how best to manage this trip so as to keep my little ones happy, and stress for my husband and me to a minimum. How have other parents met such a challenge?
What's Cooking: Lentil Loaf