Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need to increase for twin b after 2 months

Unhappy Need to increase for twin b after 2 months

Hi! I need help, I have twins of 2 months old, they were in NICU, they were feed with my milk (I was pumping) the fist one stayed in NICU 17 days, the other one stayed for 42 days cause when he has 20 days old he pop blood and the doctors told me he was allergic to milk's protein so they give pregetimil formula and told me that I can not breastfeed him (I told them that I heard I can quit of my diet all the milk and so but they refused because the danger it represents).
    When he arrives home I feed him with pregestimil as doctors said (I was very sad because I always dream with breastfeed my babies together) and I Breastfeed the other. I notice that my baby had a lot of acid reflux that isn't normal, also vomit a couple of times, I take him with a new pediatrician and told me that he thinks that my baby could caught a bacteria in the hospital and that he thinks he wasn't allergic, so he encourage me to breastfeed him, to set a side de milk And dairy of my diet, and I did it.
    Thank God my baby respond well to my milk and I am very surprised that he doesn't have reflux problems, the problem is that I dondt have enough supply for both because I was breastfeeding just one
    What it's the correct way to make more milk to breastfeed both because I tried just doing it and set a side pregestimil but I notice that they were hungry. Please help!

Default Re: Need to increase for twin b after 2 months

It's probably going to be a slow transition from the formula to completely breast fed. The best way to increase supply is to have the babies nurse very often. The more they demand the more you will supply. I'm sure a more experienced mommy will give me detail.

Thanks @lli*midnightsangrl! Hopefully an experienced mom could tell us exactly how to do it

Kellymom.com is your experienced mom: http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/basi...rease-formula/

Will the baby who was formula-fed nurse? If so, start by nursing as much as you possibly can, aiming to reduce the amount in your baby's bottles by about 1/2 oz (15 ml) of formula per day, more if you think your baby is getting full from just the breast. Watch your baby's diaper output; as long as that continues to be normal he is getting enough to eat. If you want to aim for a speedier increase of supply, try pumping in addition to nursing.

If the baby will not nurse, you are going to want to try to get him to the breast using these tips: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/chil...ack-to-breast/. Meanwhile, increase your milk output by pumping as much as possible, using a good double electric pump with correctly sized shields

Thanks a lot!! The information is very useful! thanks again!