Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 week old will not nurse after tt/lt revision - 5 days.

Default 10 week old will not nurse after tt/lt revision - 5 days.

It's been 5 days since my 10 week old had his tt/lt revision and he still will not latch. If I even get my nipple near his mouth he freaks out! At a loss of what to do, have been doing lots of skin to skin, baby wearing, but still no help. He has also had congestion during this time. I took him to the pedi and they ruled out ear infection, strep, and flu. - I have tried nursing with a nipple shield and still no luck! Any suggestions would help! Please!

Default Re: 10 week old will not nurse after tt/lt revision - 5 days

Are you doing any kind of pain relief for him? My poor little one needed tylenol after hers for the first week, her mouth was so sore - she was only 6 weeks so ibuprofen wasn't an option, but if that had been an option, I would've done that as it's also anti-inflammatory and can bring some of the inflammation down in addition to providing pain relief.

Yes we are doing Tylenol but still no luck. Day 6 now

Hmm, you are doing most of what I saw suggested when I was dealing with my little one's recovery. Have you tried taking a bath with baby to see if he will latch while relaxed in the tub (assuming he likes baths, of course)?

How are you feeding him right now? Bottles? If so, are you doing paced feeding?

I found it REALLY helpful to join the Tongue Tie Babies Support Group on Facebook. You might be able to find more help there.