Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When to start using flushable liners with cloth diapers

Question When to start using flushable liners with cloth diapers

My son is a little over 5 mo. old, and I have begun to let him start tasting food without really feeding him solids yet. As he starts to eat solids, I'm wondering at what point I'll need to start sending him to daycare with flushable liners for his cloth diapers. How many oz. does he need to eat in a day before his excrement gets to be too much for my washing machine?

Default Re: When to start using flushable liners with cloth diapers

We use fleece liners at 13 months and I haven't killed my machine yet

I switched to fleece because I found DD's poo never stayed in the flushable liner anyhow do I might as well do the full works. I switched after we started solids and it has saved a chunk of money I now wish I'd used them from the start.

You'll find poo gets more 'flickable' into the toilet as they eat more solids but often times DD's are still pretty wet and I swear flickable was mostly the line used to encourage me into fleece liners I usually just stick my hand down the loo and 'sliuce'. I do have a friend who has a dedicated 'poo spoon' for scraping hers off (again into the loo) before they enter the machine.

Only potential downside? As we use reusable wipes too - DH complains about the amount of 'bits' to hang out when it all comes out of the machine. Bits as in nappy parts not poop!
    Last edited by @llli*bsua65; January 17th, 2015 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: When to start using flushable liners with cloth diapers

I realised I re completely misunderstood and was meaning that I use reusable not flushable liners!

Have edited my post to make sense! I also assumed you were already using liners of some kind... If not I would start using liners as soon as you start solids. But there isn't a real reason other than not wanting to sliuce/scrape to switch to disposable liners

Sorry for any confusion!