Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Co-sleeping - late bedtime issues and frequent waking

Default Re: Co-sleeping - late bedtime issues and frequent waking

Sorry to hear things aren't all that much better pickle pie, I really hope that you start to see some improvement in sleep soon.
    We started sharing our bed with our baby by accident really because it made it so much easier for me to feed her overnight but now she seems to just feed constantly from around 2-6am, latching on every 30 minutes or so and having a good suck before going back to sleep again. People tell me that if she was sleeping apart then she wouldn't feed as often as she wouldn't be able to 'smell me and my milk' but in my experience she wakes even more frequently when she's in her own crib! It's hard to know whether or not to try to do something about it or just let things get better on their own (or hope they do.)
    It's good to know that there are people having the same experience though because it's hard when people suggest you've made a 'rod for your own back' by just following your baby's lead!

Default Re: Co-sleeping - late bedtime issues and frequent waking

Oh yes, a teleporter would be great, just to meet people face to face with the same issues as most people I tell look at me like I'm mad - I don't know a single person going through the same thing.

The self-doubt/rod for your own back is the worst I think, you just don't need that extra worry and stress on top of everything else do you? Yeah we started bed-sharing a bit by accident too although I'd never been against it and had always thought we would probably end up doing it sometimes. I had a c-section so it was really the only practical way to breastfeed for the first few weeks, plus to begin with she did sleep much better in with us and would never settle in a cot. And yes, 2am onwards is the worst time for us too, don't know what it is about that time but I've heard others say the same!