Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Her Teeth are Killing Me!

Default Her Teeth are Killing Me!

DD is 15 months and has had teeth since about 11 months, they never really bothered me before but lately they are just killing. She doesn't bite and her latch is fine, it doesn't feel any different than before, but the teeth are just rubbing and feel so uncomfortable. How on earth do I stop the teeth from being such an issue? My goal for nursing is 3 years (unless she weans herself before then) so I really am not ready to stop, nor is she. What do I do? Any tips or ideas why is suddenly is bothering me? TIA!
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Default Re: Her Teeth are Killing Me!

Are you finding the teeth marks when she pulls off? If so I had this also and you are right...it hurts.... Try to hang in there as just as quick as it came it also went.... I think sometimes they get lazy, or there mouth is sore... who knows.. but now at almost 19 months, I do not currently have that issue anymore... Hope that helps Brittan-

Hi amandalynn!
    I found this last night when I was looking for something to help out with the recent biting thread.
    Not really biting, but scraping teeth or indentations
    It's not an LLL source but it's got several specific suggestions for making adjustments in latch or positioning that might help. Let me know what you think, OK?
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by LLLMaryP View Post
    Hi amandalynn!
    I found this last night when I was looking for something to help out with the recent biting thread.
    Not really biting, but scraping teeth or indentations
    It's not an LLL source but it's got several specific suggestions for making adjustments in latch or positioning that might help. Let me know what you think, OK?
    Mary
    Thanks Mary, that had some good info in it. I know she is supported well (we generally nurse laying down or her sitting in my lap facing me) but she does (and always has) pull back when she nurses. I have never understood why she does this. I really don't know how to describe it, but she gets a good latch, gulps down the letdown then pulls her head back, kind of stretching my breast & nipple out (I am small chested so this is pretty easy to do). It never bothered me before, but suddenly it is. I am going to work with her on the pulling and see if that helps. Thanks for the info.

hi, my lo is 13 month & started cutting teeth at 4months!
    right now she has 11 teeth including 3 molars. every time she cuts a new tooth, she puts pressure on my nipples. The good thing is usually only lasts a few days. lanolin & warm compress helps. Good luck!

two new teeth showed up today! I hope that is all it was and maybe now she will lighten up a bit. Your LO has a ton of teeth! These two give my DD a total of 8

I so feel for you!!! Those teeth do hurt (nothing like I have experianced with my DD - you know what I am talking about....) 2 new teeth, WOW (the bottom side ones I am assuming?) Anyway, hope to see you tomorrow - or later today....

This is suddenly a huge issue for me too. My son is 11 months old. I have two places on my left nipple where his tooth actually broke the skin. He's not biting though. One of his upper teeth is rubbing when he's nursing. I think he pulled off and that's how the skin broke.

Quote Originally Posted by babygirlsmom1005 View Post
    I so feel for you!!! Those teeth do hurt (nothing like I have experianced with my DD - you know what I am talking about....) 2 new teeth, WOW (the bottom side ones I am assuming?) Anyway, hope to see you tomorrow - or later today....

LOL, yeah, you are the only other person who knows how oddly Alice nurses, with her pulling back & teeth scrapping, not to mention the acrobats (or did she do that to you?)

BTW... to anyone else going WTH , Marcie is my sister and BFed Alice for me when I was in the hospital and a few other times when I needed her too.

nothing like having a sister you can be this close with!

That's so cool ~ I'm in awe of you both!

(My sister got pissed off when I mentioned she could try to lactate & nurse her adopted baby *SIGH* Nevermind the idea of me even of offering to do it for her )

Sorry, no ideas about the teeth, though ... I'm feeling pretty grateful right now I never experienced that with Leila Although I did have some severely traumatized nipples in the beginning
    ~ Tiffany

Child Passenger Safety Technician
    Home/unschooling mama to my Kindergartner!
    Leila Maribelle self-weaned at 4 years old....