Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Besides sleeping when the baby sleeps....

Default Re: Besides sleeping when the baby sleeps....

read up on the signs of post partum deppression, thats what helped me nip everything in the bud. I got help on the 4th day.
    As far as the truck hitting you, its more like a crash course in getting to know your baby and visa versa. It takes a while to get in sync, at least it did for me, I found it impossible to nap during the day. So it was all about put myself to bed at 7 pm. I also sleep on the couch with ds, so i don't wake up dh.. but also from the support of just being able to roll back on the couch when I am co- sleeping. Easier on the back. Otherwhise I had a zillion pillows here and a zillion more over there...

hi this isnt the answer im thinking you wanted but i'll be honest i definatly felt like id been hit by truck actually more like a bus somedays!
    but i didnt follow the instructions from other mommas! i barely napped, rarely ate and when i did get dressed it was just to clean pjs! so trust me follow what pp's said and it'll make that transition to life as a momma sooo much better!!
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

the only other thing i can tell you is get someone to come over and watch LO for you and you take a nap. my DH was scared to be alone with LO for the first few weeks, so the only way i showered was when someone came over. people always offer to help, take them up on it.

Part of the reality for me was that after a couple of weeks, the offers for help started to dwindle. That was when I really started to get crazy. The adrenaline "high" of life with my beautiful new baby wore off and I started to get a bit blue. That was when I started to give up eating for sleep, never had groceries, and had no motivation to get out of the house. I was happy, no depression or anything but I just wish I had have been like you and been more prepared by gettingh good advice from LLL forums In retrospect, I would have done a million things differently, including having my family fly in for their visit a couple of weeks later than they did, when my nearby relatives and friends started to fade out with their offers for help. . .

The best thing I ever did was pump and give a bottle. Some here may be against it but it saved my life. I NEED to sleep. DH and my mom were great about making me go to sleep and than giving her one bottle....it allowed me to get a solid 5-6 in the begining and on the weekend he gives her two bottles which allows me to sleep till I wake up b/t 10-12 hrs. We never had nipple confusion(we use the ross hospital system of disposible nipples) or anything and I was human enough to run a 5K after 7 weeks. I swear I was never crying or freaking out like friends of mine b/c I was rested. We had a latation consultant come once b/c my insurance covered it. She said that your hormaons are back to normal w/in 3 days of having a baby and most moms are so upset and stressed b/c of lack of sleep. HTH. I enjoyed the early weeks so much I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

[QUOTE=mastiffkarin;91184] The best thing I ever did was pump and give a bottle. Some here may be against it but it saved my life. I NEED to sleep. QUOTE]

I would personally never want to risk nipple confusion with a bottle. That would make me too stressed. It never happened to my daugher when we supplemented for a 24 hour period but the stress of it nearly killed me. That is just the type of person I am. That being said, if I ever have another child, I'll pump and have DH do a dropper feed or a syringe feed so I can get some more sleep. I was nearly vomitting I was so tired.