Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 months and dropping off the charts

Default Re: 5 months and dropping off the charts

I too recommend that book
    My child Won't Eat.

And Also
    Baby Led Weaning (Which is actually about introducing solids)
    Since you are getting close to 6 months, that is a good book to read.

I do agree with Maddieb that you should keep seeking answers since rarely is it as simple and JUST a slight vitamin deficiency (I know in my situation it was a combination of things, TT/LT and my supply in addition to the Vitamin D but I do think the vitamin D did play a roll and I'm also in a sub tropical climate where we go outside in T shirts all the time.)

Thank you maddieb! I truly do appreciate any and all input! I have considered that this is just how he is, and that he might be smaller. My husband is on the shorter-than-average size, though not by much...and we do have some smaller genes scattered throughout my family. My 2-year-old is still wearing 18-month size pants! I'm honestly hoping that the pediatrician is satisfied in knowing that he's nursing well and just asks us to monitor and we'll see how he's doing in a month. I'm guessing the next step (if we're ruling out a breastfeeding issue) would be blood work if he doesn't pick up.

So we had our check up today. Baby gained 5 ounces in the last 8 days. That's good right?

I also pumped one breast in the morning and refrigerated it to let it separate. This is what it looked like afterwards. Does it look like it's well balanced as far as fatty and all that? 10411249_10154823930430113_89422883171693184_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jennavee View Post
    So we had our check up today. Baby gained 5 ounces in the last 8 days. That's good right?
    Yep! Check the Kelly Mom site http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/weight-gain/ for more details on average weight gain.