Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beating myself up - I am my worst critic...

Smile Re: Beating myself up - I am my worst critic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jen&Allen View Post
    Rule #1: Feed the baby. That takes priority. So I will do what I need to do in order to accomplish that goal.
    Jen
    Jen,

You are doing a great job for sticking with it and you are right that Feeding the baby comes first! My LO would not nurse more than a suckle or two at a time in the beginning and we fed with a cup and oral syringe. She lost weight and I blamed myself for starving her.

Someone on this forum posted to me Rule #1: Feed the baby (maybe it was you - I should check). At that point we began with bottles of EBM and formula (still attempting to nurse at every feeding) and a week later she was nursing on her own!!

You just have to go with what works for you and your LO and know you are doing a great job!! Do not blame or stress yourself out b/c is will only make it harder.

Enjoy your vacation and Best of Luck!

Mary
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: Beating myself up - I am my worst critic...

Thanks for all the love!

He had a bottle of formula on Firday at daycare and was none too happy about it, but it's what I had available. I haven't made a final decison yet and I will be asking his pedi's opinion before I give him anything new. I also saw on the carton that the milk alternatives are not to be used as infant formula. I was originally looking to use them once he old enough for cows milk (instead of cows milk). I've compared a lot of the infant and toddler formulas and I don't see much of a difference, but his pedi needs to look at them and make sure I'm not missing something.

I think taking the stress out of the situation will be a big help - not to mention a week in Disney World!

Jennifer