Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about wrapping yourself?

Default Re: What about wrapping yourself?

Kristie, I take it as you have the big book cuz I look in my pocket one and that page would take to chapter 22 weight gain. What chapter could I find your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mami_Kathy View Post
    Thanks Kristie, I'm going like crazy through the books and couldn't find it.
    No prob! I've soooooo been there!
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by mother_angel View Post
    Well in this case I kinda still am unsure. I feel like my social life is almost gone. I want to be able to go out when I want. But this may be my last baby or maybe second to last and I want to continue bfing.
    Mothering a baby is exhausting! You're tired and feeling isolated. You also recognize that you would like to breastfeed. What about breastfeeding makes it important for you to continue?
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Mami_Kathy View Post
    Kristie, I take it as you have the big book cuz I look in my pocket one and that page would take to chapter 22 weight gain. What chapter could I find your answer?
    Chapter 8: Weaning under abrupt weaning...
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader

If you want to continue to bf, do. You will really regret it if you quit and you don't really want to. GOING OUT? I am sorry. IMO that is not a good reason to quit bf. You have many, many years left to go out and be social. Your child will only be a baby for a short amount of time. I am so.... not meaning to sound like a b***ch and sorry if I do, but I just think all Moms should put there baby first-always. You can still go out and bf anyway. I have "date nights" with DH and we come back home and have alone time. If that is the social time you are talking about, it can be done.

really. Don't take me wrong. I am just trying to help you think this through so you don't feel bad down the road. This is such a short time in your life.

mother_angel, DH is insisting it's bedtime, but I would like to continue talking about this...I'll check in in the morning! NITE NITE!
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by fezzik812 View Post
    Chapter 8: Weaning under abrupt weaning...
    Thanks!, I guess the pocket book is wire different cuz ch. 8 talks about employment and ch. 21 talks about weaning but it doesn't have an abrupt weaning part.

sorry I highjacked your thread

Quote Originally Posted by mother_angel View Post
    Well in this case I kinda still am unsure. I feel like my social life is almost gone. I want to be able to go out when I want. But this may be my last baby or maybe second to last and I want to continue bfing.
    If you don't feel so sure take your time to think about it. I do miss clubbing but even if I wasn't BFing it would still be hard to get out anyway. You can always plan a night out, you just have to find the right time to deal with the logistics of pumping ahead of time, child care, how long will you be out, etc. Last time I went out (to a club) my Lo was around 8 months and one nice thing was that I was wearing a bustier (I think that's how's call, well at least where I come from) and since I expend over 4 hrs out I had full breast that look very nice with my outfit (nice effect from engorgement), but all that time I miss my LO . How old is your LO?

I can certainly understand your need/want to go out. My DS wouldn't take a bottle after about 3 months of age, so we didn't go out at all until he was around 11 months old, and then it was only for about 3 hours. I never left him for longer than a couple of hours at a time until he was weaned at 13-1/2 months. However, I would never change a thing.

You have to do what you think is right, but if you don't want to wean, then it's probably not time yet, and you will likely regret it later. Weaning, too, can be difficult, and you have to be determined to wean.

Try to remember that this is really a small blip in your child's life, and that time goes by WAY too fast. It truly won't be long, and you'll be able to go out again.

Lisa