Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping at Work

Default Re: Pumping at Work

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tclynx View Post
    You mention letting baby nurse longer on one side?????? Does this mean that before now you have been limiting baby to a particular time at the breast?
    I don't limit baby, but it's hard to tell whether she's done or not because she falls asleep after like 10-15 minutes. When she doesn't, she would unlatch and babble. When she does either of those things and it has been over 10 minutes, I assume she's done. Is that not the right way to do this?

You know your baby. I used to take my baby off after I thought she fell asleep but then I realized I may have been doing it when she could still get some out ...Experiment one day and she what she does if she continues to sleep sleep or suck eat sleep

She went in for weight check at 5mo and gained 1 lbs. Still 25th percentile but at least she's gaining weight. I find that if I pump long enough, I can get three 4 oz bottles. I have to restart the pump 2-3 times for it to stimulate letdown. Trying not to think about work helps too, LoL. So, doesn't look like I have to supplement for now. Hopefully she'll put on enough weight for her next check-up so doc gets off my back. Thanks for the support!