Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question for reverse cyclers

Question Question for reverse cyclers

My questions are:

1. How long did it take for your child to start reverse cycling?

2. Was your child miserable those first few days during the day?

3. If you do NOT co-sleep, how often are you getting up at night? (co-sleeping is not an option for us).

4. How long does your child go during the day without eating?

thanks...

Default Re: Question for reverse cyclers

I am right in the middle of the reverse cycle lol..
    She has been this way for 2 weeks now (currently is 5 weeks old)
    She hasn't been miserable thus far..just me
    We don't co sleep either and so I/hubby get up at least 3 times a night
    During the day she usually goes 2-3 hours with her long stretch of 4-5 hours in the afternoon.

My baby started with a sitter during the day at around 5 mos. She's 9 mos now. The first 3 or so days with the sitter, she wailed whenever the sitter brought her a bottle (even though she had happily taken them before), and was happy as a clam when she took the bottle away. After a few days, she got used to the idea and let the sitter start feeding her, though not as much as whe would have eaten if I had nursed her.

So in answer to your questions, she wasn't miserable at all, just me. At the time we didn't co-sleep, though we eventually gave into it. I was probably getting up 3 times (usually 10, 2 and 5). Before she let the sitter start feeding her, she would go probably 6 hours with no bottle.

Good luck!

So she is now taking the bottle from the sitter? I took Emily to the daycare today and the daycare provider couldn't get her to take it--but it was her first day. She was pretty happy otherwise. I just really hope to avoid the reverse-cycle, because co-sleeping isn't an option for us. So I'd have to be a zombie going back to work. I'll do it if I have to, but it wouldn't be pleasant! She went 6 hours today without eating so we'll see how many times she has me up tonight!

Exclamation Re: Question for reverse cyclers

My son started reverse cycling at 8 months old. I'm not so sure he has reverse cycled so much but is refusing to nurse during the day. He is up 3 times in the night to nurse (2 times before this) but only nurses for short period of time. He has been doing this for about 4 weeks now. I'm at my wits end right now and I'm going to make a new post. Today he has really started to bite and I reacted by releasing him with my finger and told him No! Don't bite. He started to cry immediately. Since this morning he hasn't nursed at all. He acts like he wants to nurse when he is tired. I usually nurse him before his nap and before bed but now if I pick him up to nurse he just screams. I tried pumping. He will not take it from a bottle or sippy cup. He usually loves drinking out of a sippy cup because he usually gets a little water or juice in the sippy cup a day. He won't take formula either. He loves to feed himself and lately will not allow me to feed him anything. The only thing he will eat is Gerber Puffs or cherrios. When I feed him baby food he pushes the spoon away and turns his head. Yes, he is teething and I have him on tyenol which may help a little. He cries frantically when I give him orajel. I just put him down for bed early because all he will do is cry. I'm hoping I can nurse him once he is asleep. I am so tired and I know I won't get any sleep tonight. It is so hard not to get angry with him. Has anyone else experienced this?

Don't know much in this area, just wanted to lend some support!