Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 day old with tongue tied that wont nurse

Default 10 day old with tongue tied that wont nurse

My baby is only 10 days old and from the beginning because of her tongue tie was not able to breastfeed properly. She lost a little bit of weight in the first few days which i thought it was normal, and after the peds recommendation we went ahead with the clipping which i thought it would help but she still refuses to latch! We have been feeding her my pumped milk (i get about 100ml) per session 20 min session but im really exhausted And really just want to breastfeed. But im afraid shes so used to the bottle now, every time i try to feed her she screams and cries of frustration, im also using kellymom technique of trying once feeding a little trying twice feeding a little but still no remarkable advances... Is it too late to go back to the breast? I even tried nipple shields...i would love the help of a LLL consultant but im korea, seoul and the only consultant we had moved back to US. Please help

Default Re: 10 day old with tongue tied that wont nurse

Cities are big!, so I know that this group might not be near enough to you, but maybe it might be. And if not, there wouldn't be any harm in posting on their Facebook to learn if they have any recommendations for nearer to you. This is a peer support group:

https://m.facebook.com/LLLSeoul?_rdr

THURSDAYS at 10:30am at Yongsan Healthy Family Support Center in Itaewon.

SATURDAYS 10:30am at Homestead Coffee on the 2nd Saturday of some months in Itaewon.

Although I can't get much further in the website due to language, this birthing center seems to have many IBCLCs on staff:

http://mamasbirthcenter.tistory.com/m/post/5

Again, I am not sure if this is near you, if this is up to date info, or if they offer lactation consultant services, but it's worth checking out.

There is also a Korean Lactation Consultant Association; their website is:

Klca.co.kr

The website is in Korean, but I presume their is likely a list of members, that you may consider looking through and contacting, if you are interested in setting up a meeting in person with an IBCLC
    Last edited by @llli*erin.in.middletown; September 21st, 2014 at 05:16 AM.

(Sorry, posted twice and don't know how to fully delete.)

Thank you so much!!!! Im already part of the facebook page milky mamas so ill def check out their meetings! Thanks again!

use paced bottle feeding to give bottles so baby learns to work a little harder for it.
    You might try using a lactation aid or SNS at the breast if you are able to get baby to latch as this will give a more immediate flow of milk.
    Perhaps expressing a little or dripping some milk on your nipple when getting baby to latch would help give the Idea where milk comes from.