Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: '6 Months Old Now, you can do it too!'

Default Re: '6 Months Old Now, you can do it too!'

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bsua65 View Post
    We went through a week or so where it felt like my DD hit her head all the time... It got better and thankfully it's rarer now. Lots of chance to confort nurse tho

I wouldn't worry about banana unless you have poo issues, passes through easily here at least. Only way I get a whole banana these days is sneaking it while DD isn't looking.

Sounds like he's really doing great!
    He sometimes gets some poops that while not hard pellets, are dryer, paste like poops that he usually seems rather upset about so I'm trying to keep the banana and apple balanced with things that can help move things through quicker. And he seems to like the stewed prunes. Melon also seems to help but that might just be the increased moisture.

He is doing well.

Last night we had a time getting to sleep though. He actually nursed to sleep right after dinner and I wore him in the sling for a while but when I handed him off to Daddy, well when daddy decided to change his diaper before bed on principal (wasn't wet) he woke up and then was wide awake for about 2 1/2 hours before we got him to sleep again. His antics were cute, climbing all over us and making all sorts of sounds. Pulling his acrobatic attempts at nursing (still not very good at those yet but I can see I'm in for some real antics once he gains a bit more skill at climbing/moving around.)

My oldest wakes the baby up ALL the time. I really dislike the quick after dinner naps he gets so often. He's ready to sleep but ds1 won't settle for another hour or two so some loud noise is bound to interrupt his sleep.Then ds1 is kept awake by the baby trying desperately to crawl to him and play.It's a vicious cycle.
    What food lovers we have! I gave lo some of the pumpkin I baked to use for pies last night (plus the veggie and bone broth dish we were eating but the pumpkin was a new food). So nice to have him entertained in his high chair while dh and I actually both eat with two hands. The dog is ecstatic to have another person throwing food on the floor
    Kiwi always helped my oldest with his bowel movements. The seeds baffled me when I saw his diapers at first.

I'm so glad people here on this forum mentioned baby led weaning so that I went and learned more about it before starting solids with DS.

oh we must be building up to a massive blowout poop.
    been a few days since he had one and this morning he weighed in at 15 lb 9.6 oz (up from 15lb 6.9 a couple days ago)
    solids and frequent breastfeeding are agreeing with him lately, if we keep up like this for long he will be climbing the charts.

Yay!

You would think that being soo small and "not getting enough to eat" according to half the medical establishment, my little one might be slow on the gross motor development.
    But NO, I'm already chasing around a mobile baby at only 6 months old.
    AND
    He hates the baby cages most of the time (baby cage=crib, play pen, pack and play, or the baby play yard fences. Even when they have lots of toys/activities for him.)
    I've resorted to putting him on the floor right under foot for certain activities but that is dangerous for other activities.
    I thought I might be able to get more done once we were to the point of exclusive breastfeeding (or course not really exclusive since he has started solids, which making dinner is tricky since it is in the afternoon/evening when he really hates being put down in a baby cage.)

Ack, really need to clean up my desk so he can't grab stuff off it while I try to type.

Weigh in this morning was a whopping 15 lb 11.9 oz
    Now I know this is kinda cheating compared to my old weigh in time of day (used to do it before bed) because he usually seems to be heavier first thing in the morning before he has had is several water balloon like diaper filling pees in the morning but I did take one of those off before weighing him this morning. But Anyway....
    Last Saturday I had 15 lb 4.1 oz (morning weight)
    This Saturday 15 lb 11.9 oz (morning weight)
    for a weekly weight gain of 7.8 oz!!!!!!!
    ONLY time he ever gained that much in a week was when we were pushing an extra ounce of supplement into him at every feeding during his first few weeks.
    Now he is doing it just from the breast and one meal of baby led solids per day.

Needing to watch his poops a bit more carefully since he will sometimes go 4 or 5 days between poops but then he might go pooping every day for three days. Now that he is eating solids and if he goes several days between poops, they tend to be rather dry when he does go and he usually doesn't seem very happy about it, kinda grunting/crying as he goes. So I think I need to make sure to keep his solid foods to ones that won't cause constipation. But I need to offer him more than just Fruits and veggies. He really likes his protein and I feel there should be some carbs offered as well so any suggestions about proteins and carbs that won't cause constipation or things I can do to balance all that?

Well had a diaper rash a while back that didn't go away right away with the Aquamphore the way it always used to.
    So went to the Dr (happened to be almost at his 6 month check so all that was taken care of at the same time)
    Anyway, I thought it was perhaps a yeast infection diaper rash so got nystatin but that didn't clear it up and Dr said to stop using that and try triple paste every diaper change and that seemed to mostly clear it up so it seems we have a contact dermatitis issue with something.
    We had been using some pampers, some huggies, and the g-pants diapers sometimes cloth sometimes the disposable inserts. The rash showed up sometime after we used the huggies for the first time.
    For several days I used nothing but the pampers baby dry and the rash seemed to almost totally go away.
    Last night I used G pants with the disposable inserts but then one diaper change in the early morning I pulled out the disposable insert and stuck in a cloth diaper. I can't be certain if the rash was back before the cloth or not since I did that change in the dark but anyway this morning when we got up the rash is back BAD so using the triple paste again and pampers till it calms down and I can be more careful trying to figure out if the issue is with the disposable inserts or the cloth (which might then be an issue of laundry products and not the cloth itself.)

oh, and I think we actually have a tooth coming through now. There is a sharp bit on the bottom gum though I haven't gotten him to give me a good look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tclynx View Post
    I'm so glad people here on this forum mentioned baby led weaning so that I went and learned more about it before starting solids with DS.
    here here! My niece is three months older than my daughter, and was/is? only puree fed. My MIL, who is her caregiver, told me she doesn't know what to do with non purees and that she fears it is late in the game now and it will be a challenge. I told her thanks to this forum I educated myself on blw and I thought myself isn't the point of introducing solids to teach a child how to eat? They already know how to suck...