Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Increasing Milk Supply After PICU Stay

Default Increasing Milk Supply After PICU Stay

My little guy had a corrective surgery for craniosynostosis, and we had a three day hospital stay. We're back home and his recovery so far has been amazing, unfortunately I can't say the same for my milk supply. We weren't able to breastfeed since he was wrapped up in so many bandages and IV's and sensors at the hospital, I tried to pump but wasn't able to get much of anything. When I talked to the dietician she said that the stress could have had a big impact on my supply, and I honestly wasn't thinking about myself the last couple days, so I let myself get dehydrated.

Are there any other moms who had a similar experience? Is there hope for getting my supply back to where it was?

Default Re: Increasing Milk Supply After PICU Stay

That sounds really stressful! I can imagine how hard it would be to deal with trying to pump on top of everything else.

I realize you posted this a couple weeks ago... How are things going now?
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--