Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing my milk - HELP!!

Default Re: Losing my milk - HELP!!

I personally would take the OB up on the offer of Reglan provided they are willing to prescribe an effective dosage for this purpose. There are some dangerous side effects of Reglan and you have to limit the amount of time you take it AND taper down the amount you take gradually.
    This is why most people would prefer to take Domperidone instead of Reglan however it is much harder to get Domperidone in the US and insurance won't cover it. (I'm actually taking Domperidone because my Dr wouldn't give me an effective dosage of the Reglan so it didn't work.)
    I wouldn't wait till after the tongue tie correction to get the Reglan, now is when you need the extra help with your supply, hopefully once the correction is done and physical therapy is done and baby is nursing better you will be able to taper down and get off the Reglan.
    I'm not sure what to tell you about the supply worries, I'm still struggling myself. I've been on the Domperidone two weeks and dropped the supplements 5 days ago so I'm white knuckle about my LO's weight gain (but he isn't giving me cues that he is still hungry after nursing so I'm worried about his appetite.)
    Hang in there momma, you are not alone.
    Call the ENT office and ask them to call you if a cancellation happens and you can get in sooner, and keep calling them to see if you can get in sooner.

So I saw the Pediatrician today and my wee man was 9lbs 3oz. He gained 11oz in 10 days, which I thought was pretty darn good. The dr said it was "just ok". He also reluctantly gave me a script for Zantac for the silent reflux. He seemed to think since the baby isn't arching his back that he might not have reflux. I guess the other signs and symptoms don't count...? And he said he didn't think the tongue tie was a contributor to the weight issues. Feeling a little annoyed by him at the moment. I feel like he expects my baby to be a big, chunky baby. However, I don't want to over feed him to the point where his stomach stretches and then he requires more to feel full and ends up being over weight. So I am just hanging in there until I get in to see the ENT in a few weeks. I'm going to wait until a few weeks after the tongue tie procedure before I do anything else for my supply. Right now it seems to be sufficient for the most part and I'm not sure I want to hassle with the side effects of any meds. Yesterday he only took one bottle and only one so far today. He seems to be getting relatively satisfied with just nursing. We have another weight check in 2 weeks. Crossing my fingers for a better reaction from the doc.

11 oz in 10 days is spot on great weight gain!!! However, I've experienced Drs staff wanting me to MAKE my baby Gain 2 oz per day to "catch up" so I've gotten really angry about the Drs myself. After I was told to make him gain 2 oz per day, I got copies of his records and went looking for another Dr.