Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stringy milk

Default Re: Stringy milk

It was solely diagnosed on the milk.

That's rather odd. I personally wouldn't want to give a mom antibiotics if she wasn't showing some signs of mastitis in addition to the appearance of her milk. As Meg said, there's something called subclinical mastitis, and often that can be beaten without taking antibiotics. In fact, full blown mastitis can sometimes go away without antibiotics!

Stringy milk is still present and dr said he doesn't recommend giving another round of antibiotics. I'm out of ideas and who to ask about it...

You would never even know about the stringy milk if you wouldn't be pumping, right? So I don't think you should worry about it if it's not harming your baby or yourself. Milk is different for each woman. Like I once told my sister how I found my EBM was sometimes more yellow than other times and she's like don't look at it so much. You only analyze it because you're pumping. Otherwise you'd never know the difference and you wouldn't care!
    Mom to Samuel J.
    born 7lb. 10 oz. and 22" tall
    on Saturday, October 19, 2013.

My breastfeeding experiences: http://www.breastfeedinghacks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ruchiccio View Post
    You would never even know about the stringy milk if you wouldn't be pumping, right? So I don't think you should worry about it if it's not harming your baby or yourself. Milk is different for each woman. Like I once told my sister how I found my EBM was sometimes more yellow than other times and she's like don't look at it so much. You only analyze it because you're pumping. Otherwise you'd never know the difference and you wouldn't care!
    Such an excellent point!!!!

Thanks!