Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do I breastfeed my baby with Reflux?

Default Re: How do I breastfeed my baby with Reflux?

Private wise it is probably easier to look for an ENT. I know this is who I was told I would need if my lo's had regrown. (Thankfully it hadn't).

Amazes me that it is a dental procedure in the US!

Did the LC ever call back? She would know her area and the possibilities better!

The Dental Procedure is with a lazer and only some dentists will do it, seems most dentists are NOT pro breastfeeding. Remember that an upper lip tie often goes with tongue ties and upper lip ties can and do sometimes cause dental issues and immobile tongues can cause dental problems as well and hence dentists are sometimes interested in helping with those. ENTs also do it here, usually by snipping. Some Pediatricians will even do it but that seems to have become rare.

Nope she never called back. I tried again yesterday and nothing. I can't call her again as she will think I'm stalking her .

I am in contact with my daughters consultant so I decided to message her. She's been great and is sending us for a referral to a tongue tie clinic. I told her everything I have read and what you guys suggested and she agrees there could be something in it. So we've just got to wait for an appointment now. I don't agree with snipping a tongue tie but if it can help her then it maybe worth a shot.

Good luck with the referral! Just to say if it is TT sad you do have it released, baby may need encouragement to use their tongue differently. For us this took a couple of days of exercises and/or an osteopathy session. (Not sure which worked or if it was a combination). No one warned me of this... But my osteo was great and it was straight forward.

Should have said before but sacro cranial osteopathy may be worth considering as a first option too!