We are going out of town without kids next month for 4 nights. My youngest will be 8.5 months old and I have a bunch of milk all ready to go. The problem is that she won't take a bottle anymore. She just chews on the nipple. I'm not the one trying to give it to her, so that's not the problem. I don't know what to do except have my Mom put the breastmilk in her food so at least she's getting the nutrients. I am also afraid that she will accidentally wean herself if I am gone for 4 nights. So, my thoughts and concerns I need with are:
* Is there a trick to getting her to take a bottle again?
* We are going to get different nipples since the only ones we have are level 1. I know she should be on at least level 4. Could this be the problem? When I turn the bottle over with a level 1 nipple is comes out pretty quickly, but maybe not quick enough for her?
* Could it be that she isn't a fan of previously frozen milk because she is so used to fresh milk?
* My husband is going to start giving her a bottle every couple nights.
* I have been having her practice using a straw so that she could drink her milk with a cup.
* She is on solids and is a very good eater, but I am not ready to give up breastfeeding.
* Is there a possibility of her weaning herself after 4 nights away even if she wasn't ready?
Thanks in advance for all of y'all's help!