Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast milk offered in solids gone sour.

Default Breast milk offered in solids gone sour.

Hi mamas
    Has anyone had issues with certain fruits or vegetables that go sour after a day or two when mixed with breast milk? I prefer to make my LO's foods with breast milk as oppose to water. I don't know why, but I made sweet potato stored it and by second day tasted sour. Just didn't taste right . I wasn't gonna feed my baby girl THAT. However; i did notice that if I make it and serve it to her right away it's fine. Soo weird. Guess sweet potato and breast milk in the refrigerator don't mix. Lol... I made her avocados bananas and it works fine. Has anyone had same problem? If yes, with what fruits or vegetables? Any advice.

Default Re: Breast milk offered in solids gone sour.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*american.honey View Post
    Hi mamas
    Has anyone had issues with certain fruits or vegetables that go sour after a day or two when mixed with breast milk? I prefer to make my LO's foods with breast milk as oppose to water. I don't know why, but I made sweet potato stored it and by second day tasted sour. Just didn't taste right . I wasn't gonna feed my baby girl THAT. However; i did notice that if I make it and serve it to her right away it's fine. Soo weird. Guess sweet potato and breast milk in the refrigerator don't mix. Lol... I made her avocados bananas and it works fine. Has anyone had same problem? If yes, with what fruits or vegetables? Any advice.
    I freeze the veggies or fruits and then add milk later when I thaw it. I never freeze anything with the milk already in it.

Mom to Samuel J.
    born 7lb. 10 oz. and 22" tall
    on Saturday, October 19, 2013.