Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 6 month old will only take bottle from DH

Default 6 month old will only take bottle from DH

My 6 month old has been taking bottles from my DH since she was about 5 weeks old while I'm at work. My DH just started a new job that means he won't always be able to be home when I'm working so we sometimes need a babysitter. The past 2 days my dad has watched her for about 6 hours each day. Both days she completely refused the bottle from him. I have a niece around one year old so my dad had some baby food at his house that he fed her to take the edge off her hunger. My dad also had my sister try to bottle feed her and she refused from her as well. I know it wasn't an issue with the milk because she took the same bottle from my DH that she refused from my dad and I'm sure he heated it correctly, so my question is why will she only take a bottle from my DH and how do we change that? There will be occasional times that my DH and i will have to work at the same time and i don't want to have to rely on solids each time, especially because i know she was hungry. As soon as i got there i fed her and she was up almost once an hour last night to eat, I'm assuming to make up for what she missed yesterday.

Default Re: 6 month old will only take bottle from DH

Have you asked your DH how he gives the bottles? My DH insists on doing it on the same pillows I nurse on. Maybe you can find some detail like that which will help? At 6 months, does she hold her own bottle? Otherwise maybe try a sippy cup?

Default Re: 6 month old will only take bottle from DH

According to him he doesn't do anything special and I've never actually seen how he does it because she flat out refuses the bottle when I'm home. I'll have to have my 6 year old watch and see if she notices anything! He is the only person who has ever bottle fed her though so I'm wondering if that might be why? I know he still holds the bottle for her. I just bought her a sippy a few days ago that she has been playing around with but has not yet actually drank from