Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night time over supply! Help

Default Re: Night time over supply! Help

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*roeni View Post
    Maybe it was a coincidence, but for the last week he's woken at 1am and 4am. I was asleep when I suddenly woke and saw the time, then fed him. I slept pretty well until his next wake up, too. I'm going to keep trying the dream feed. I think I can co sleep well if I can get over my paranoia that has been implanted in my head that I will hurt my baby. I can sleep in the same position all night and hook my arm around him, even propping his head a bit so he's right at nipple level. I don't roll over in sleep without being fully awake and it being my full intention to do so. But still...there is also all the negativity around co sleeping/bed sharing.
    co-sleeping isn't appropriate for everyone but....
    There are studies that say breastfeeding mothers are very attuned to their infants and sleep in such a way as to protect them from being rolled over on.
    Just make sure the bed is rendered safe. Don't let blankets flop over the baby since re-breathing the same air under a blanket could be very dangerous and make sure pillows and the edge of the bed are not going to pose a danger. Tie long hair back and make sure there are no strings/buttons that could be dangerous. AND don't co-sleep when under the influence of something that would make it difficult to wake.

We gave up the idea of putting baby to sleep in a separate bed the first week, he would not stay asleep for more than 15-20 minutes away from parental contact (whenever he cycled up into light sleep, if there wasn't a warm body touching him, he would wake up.) Now I can sometimes put him down in his crib for a nap but it rarely lasts more than 45 minutes tops.

Default Re: Night time over supply! Help

If you find a local breastfeeding or attachment parenting group you'll find yourself hanging out with other women that co-sleep, sometimes for the 2nd/3rd/4th time around. Not only will this help normalize it for you they will reassure you that it's not forever etc