Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastpump parts for subsequent kids

Default Breastpump parts for subsequent kids

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere - I have a medela pump in style. I used it for my first two children who were close in age. Now it has been a few years and I am wondering if I need to order all replacement parts for the pump at this point?

Default Re: Breastpump parts for subsequent kids

Welcome to the forum!

Whether or not you need to replace all the parts or the pump itself depends on what you're going to use it for. If you're a stay-at-home mom who is just going to pump the occasional bottle for a sitter, you can probably just use the old pump and replace the parts. If you're going back to full-time work, a well-used pump might not be enough to maintain supply, and a new pump might be in order.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Breastpump parts for subsequent kids

I used my Medela pump in style for my first baby and my third, who are five years apart. For my second I mostly used a different pump with the PISA as backup. I was given some extra flanges and valves at the hospital so I ended up accumulating multiple sets of parts. If everything seems to be working fine I don't think you necessarily need to replace, but if you are struggling with pump output, definitely consider replacing. Are you in the U.S.? A lot of health insurances now will cover a new pump.