Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resources for Milk Transfer Issues

Default Re: Resources for Milk Transfer Issues

after correcting the transfer issues and going to extremes to bring my milk supply up (finally started on Domperidone and upped the dosage to 90 mg per day 2 weeks ago), I finally dropped the final couple ounces of supplement 4 days ago on 8/21/2014.

bump

This is where I am at right now. My lo had his tt and lt clipped, but we are still having issues, as is my milk supply. I am interested in the speech therapy you talk about. My ds is clamping down so hard, I am always sore, and sometimes dread attempting to nurse. We are supplementing...part of me wishes we could get through this so we could take a forever long nursing vacation to boost my supply, because pumping and herbs aren't seeming to help much. Thanks for the links!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hkwm0714 View Post
    This is where I am at right now. My lo had his tt and lt clipped, but we are still having issues, as is my milk supply. I am interested in the speech therapy you talk about. My ds is clamping down so hard, I am always sore, and sometimes dread attempting to nurse. We are supplementing...part of me wishes we could get through this so we could take a forever long nursing vacation to boost my supply, because pumping and herbs aren't seeming to help much. Thanks for the links!
    how old is your LO? And when were the tt/lt corrected?
    Ask your Ped if there are any speech or oral motor therapists or occupational therapists they could refer you to for eating difficulties.

I never responded very well to pumping and Fenugreek and mother's milk tea were not enough for me either so I finally started taking Domperidone, been taking 90-100 mg per day for six weeks now and it has been effective. We stopped all supplements totally as of 10 days ago (had been doing minimal supplementing and not every day for about three weeks before that.) I'm about to try weaning down the dose of the Domperidone to see what the lowest effective dose will be for me. I unfortunately didn't get good advice (Ped didn't believe in tongue tie or a need to pump when supplements were ordered and the only thing I was told to do was relax and feed the baby) or much help early on so my supply was badly hurt before corrective measures were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tclynx View Post
    how old is your LO? And when were the tt/lt corrected?.
    Ds is 4 weeks. Tt was corrected at birth and three days ago, lt three days ago as well. I saw your post and have contacted a therapy center in my town - I am hoping they can help or know someone who can.

Here is another resource I found useful for helping me track where my LO is on the growth charts without having to go into the Dr office (where the nurse practitioners kept insisting my LO wasn't gaining fast enough.)
    https://iotacharts.com/en/public/info
    After starting to track my LO on the chart myself with the baby scale I got, I've been better able to relax because I can see he is following a reasonable trend now staying between the 5th and 10th centile.

Another link I think should be in this thread to find an IBCLC
    http://www.ilca.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3901

Here is a link with very good information about figuring out tongue tie http://www.cwgenna.com/ttidentify.html

Those are some good pictures in that link