Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much milk for a 14 month old?

Default How much milk for a 14 month old?

How much milk should a 14 month old be drinking please? I am currently nursing once in the morning before nursery, he has 2oz whilst there then I nurse to sleep and am up multiple times through the night. I am looking to wean but what do I replace Breast milk with as he has a cows milk allergy?

How much Milk should he be drinking per day and how long for?

Many thanks x

Default Re: How much milk for a 14 month old?

It's often said that if a toddler is nursing around 3-5 times a day, he is getting his milk needs met by mom and he does not need any supplemental dairy. 5 nursing sessions per day is better than 3, obviously, especially for a young baby who is just beginning to transition to a majority solids diet.

When it comes to recommended daily dairy intake, the recommendations vary based on who you're asking. In general, the recommendations hover around 16-18 oz per day- but some sources say that's your target and other sources say it's your maximum. Talk to your pediatrician about what he/she recommends, and also about what breastmilk alternatives are suitable for your child, considering that he cannot drink cow's milk.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"