Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night out?

Default Night out?

I am EBF my 8 month old son, and my husband and I have tickets to a concert this Friday night. My MIL is going to watch our son for us, but I have concerns about how to handle missed feedings. We are planning to leave at 6:30 and return around 11:45 or so, which means that I will probably miss 2 feedings around 8:30 and 10:30, and I am prone to plugs. Considering we will be at an outdoor concert venue, I don't think that it will be possible to pump. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Night out?

could you just go into a bathroom and hand-express just enough to prevent plugs and make yourself comfortable?

J

Either hand express or maybe a manual pump - practice first to see what will work. You could even do it under a cover, rather than in a porta-potty. Enjoy the night out!

Take a small ice chest or bag to keep in the car with what you express and you could pump/express in the car on the way there and then on the way home if it is a long drive.

Depending on pump you could use manual, battery power or get a little inverter to plug the pump in (beware some pumps are actually too powerful to plug into the inexpensive little lighter inverters though.)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tclynx View Post
    Take a small ice chest or bag to keep in the car with what you express and you could pump/express in the car on the way there and then on the way home if it is a long drive.

Depending on pump you could use manual, battery power or get a little inverter to plug the pump in (beware some pumps are actually too powerful to plug into the inexpensive little lighter inverters though.)
    Oh yes I like this suggestion!!!

You are already pumping so the baby has the feeds you will miss?

Way too lazy for formula

I agree with pumping in the car to and or from! I do this whenever we have date nights so I don't have to fiddle with it when we get home.