Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hormone Changes After Weaning

Default Re: Hormone Changes After Weaning

In case anyone was curious, I had an ultrasound today to check for ovarian cysts and everything there was good and clean. I did have an echo last week, though and the results weren't that great. I have regurgitation in the mitral and tricuspid valves and my left ventricle has global hypokinesis with an ejection fraction of 40%. I have to see a cardiologist now as well as a rheumatologist. I scheduled the visit with the rheumatologist, but I won't be able to get in until September. Hopefully the cardiologist isn't as busy...

Sorry to hear that - but thank goodness this was figured out. If you can't get an appointment with the cardiologist ASAP, you might want to ask your ob to intercede for you.

My friend works for the hospital and said generally you don't get a referral to that particular cardiologist unless you really need it, so they tend to get you in within a week or two. I'm hoping they'll call tomorrow or Monday to set up the appointment. I've been having chest pain and trouble breathing for several weeks now and was told at the ER I was over reacting and it was probably just anxiety. Glad my OB thought that was a load of crap and scheduled the echo. I'm only 24 and my grandmother's heart is in better condition than mine. I will post when I know anything more as far as what has caused the damage and what treatment will be...

Wishing you a speedy return to good health, mama. Please keep checking in and letting us know how you are doing.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I got a diagnosis today of congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy, but the cause is still unknown. He said it may be autoimmune and I need to keep my appointment with the rheumatologist in September. I'm supposed to start a couple of medications for 6 months and then reevaluate if the damage has been fixed.

I am sorry to hear that you have this diagnosis, mama. I am glad though, that someone finally took you seriously and that now you have a diagnosis in hand to help you move forward and get the help and treatment you've needed!
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sonogirl View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you have this diagnosis, mama. I am glad though, that someone finally took you seriously and that now you have a diagnosis in hand to help you move forward and get the help and treatment you've needed!
    I couldn't put it better.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"