Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bunch of issues

Default Re: A bunch of issues

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tclynx View Post
    I don't think anyone here would say to make a baby go hungry, I think the recommendation is to try to reduce the size of bottles to something resembling a reasonable size breast feeding since breastfed babies should eat small amounts more often rather than large feedings spaced far apart since even women with ample milk supply usually don't have enough storage capacity to provide large infrequent feedings. If baby is very used to very large feedings it may be nearly impossible for you to ever satisfy by breast even if there were no question about your supply. If baby can get used to smaller meals more often then you may have a better chance of minimizing supplement and maximizing breastfeeding.

And if you can get your hands on a lactation aid it can save you time since you will be able to provide the breast AND the supplement all at the same time which should also make getting time to pump a little easier.
    I really like that idea. How much are they?

We don't have infrequent feedings. She may go 1 hour max without being at breast. Our time is spent bf, sup, changing, burping and she has started some play time. Play time lasts about 15 min max. And she may doze off for about 10-30 min. That is why I came her hoping for some magic remedy. Per feeding cycle she spends at least 1 hour at the breast and that is to start. After going back and forth after supply is exhausted only then do we bottle, just 2 oz at a time and then back to the breast. And so on until she is not hungry. I burp in between boobs and half way through a bottle. The longest she goes not on beast is night when we both sleep. So I really do not know what else to do. Besides that lactation aid? Can you send a link to one?

Default Re: A bunch of issues

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mariahpoo View Post
    I really like that idea. How much are they?

We don't have infrequent feedings. She may go 1 hour max without being at breast. Our time is spent bf, sup, changing, burping and she has started some play time. Play time lasts about 15 min max. And she may doze off for about 10-30 min. That is why I came her hoping for some magic remedy. Per feeding cycle she spends at least 1 hour at the breast and that is to start. After going back and forth after supply is exhausted only then do we bottle, just 2 oz at a time and then back to the breast. And so on until she is not hungry. I burp in between boobs and half way through a bottle. The longest she goes not on beast is night when we both sleep. So I really do not know what else to do. Besides that lactation aid? Can you send a link to one?

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amedela%20sns