Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can I really do this?

Default Re: Can I really do this?

We are doing ok thanks. Almost 4oz per day now. Getting her back to the breast isn't going well though. She's comfortable around my breasts.....until I try and get her to latch.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sweetpea01 View Post
    How are you both getting on?
    Hello ladies,

I'm also relactating ATM. I'm on my second week day 13. I use a medela symphony every 2 hours during the day and once at night between 1-5 am. I then put baby to the breast at every feed. I'm stuck at the 1 ounce mark a day for some reason it's not increasing. I can certainly sympathise at how hard the journey is. I constantly worry that he will reject my boob which sometimes stops me from putting him to the breast. Luckily my babe will latch but only for short periods. Then he has his formula. Keep going ladies. Also in the process of trying domperidone but I need to speak to my Gp.

4oz. Is incredible. That's a whole bottle for my little man. I'm stuck at 1 ounce!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mrslongford2012 View Post
    Hello ladies,

I'm also relactating ATM. I'm on my second week day 13. I use a medela symphony every 2 hours during the day and once at night between 1-5 am. I then put baby to the breast at every feed. I'm stuck at the 1 ounce mark a day for some reason it's not increasing. I can certainly sympathise at how hard the journey is. I constantly worry that he will reject my boob which sometimes stops me from putting him to the breast. Luckily my babe will latch but only for short periods. Then he has his formula. Keep going ladies. Also in the process of trying domperidone but I need to speak to my Gp.
    Hello mrslongford. Well done on getting to 1oz. It's 1oz of magic milk that is great for your baby.
    How long have you been stuck on 1oz. Sometimes I don't increase too much over a day or so but then get more the following days. Do you take any supplements? I find drinking lots of water really helps. I am taking dom but only 3 per day. It helped kickstart my milk but I had been dry for 4.5 months so it did help. How old is lo? Its really great that your baby will latch. Keep going, your doing everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oxygen78 View Post
    Hello mrslongford. Well done on getting to 1oz. It's 1oz of magic milk that is great for your baby.
    How long have you been stuck on 1oz. Sometimes I don't increase too much over a day or so but then get more the following days. Do you take any supplements? I find drinking lots of water really helps. I am taking dom but only 3 per day. It helped kickstart my milk but I had been dry for 4.5 months so it did help. How old is lo? Its really great that your baby will latch. Keep going, your doing everything right.

Hey oxygen. It seemed like forever I was stuck on one ounce but! After four days I finally started to produce an ounce and a half yesterday so I'm so pleased! I'm taking fenugreek 3 3x a day and have been for about a week now. I'm seeing my gp on Tuesday next week so I can discuss domperidone. Not quite sure how to approach the situation. Any advice? Alfie is now five weeks. I gave up breastfeeding for two weeks and then started my relactation journey when he was three weeks old. It so nice to go somewhere where for once the journey doesn't seem like a gigantic mountain to climb!

Really glad your milk is increasing. Sometimes it feels like your stuck.
    As for seeing your doctor then I have no advice really , I got my dom online but am weaning off it now since im not happy taking it long term. It worked great though so I wish I could take it longer. The possible side effects and warnings worry me too much. Ru in the uk? Let me know what your doc says. I was put off asking mine, they aren't supportive unfortunately.
    Im upto 5.75 oz now. I seem to have stayed at that amount for a few days. Maybe due to dropping one of my domperidone tabs per day. I hope not. I really want to get to 7 oz which is a full bottle for my little lady.

My supply seems to go down as the day goes on despite me pumping every 2 hrs and taking my fenugreek etc. I seem to have leveled out at 5-6oz per day. I don't seem to be increasing.

Do you ever power pump? I found that useful after a few days. 10 mins pumping 10 mins rest and repeat for an hour.

Yeah I power pump every night before bed. I pump for 20 mins, rest for 10 mins, pump for ten, rest for 10 and then pump for 10.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*oxygen78 View Post
    Good luck to you! How is it going for you? Ive had more yellow blobs on both nipples....colostrum?
    Hello again. So day 20 for me. Doctor perscribed me 10 days worth of domperidone of 30mg a day. Not sure if this low dose will make any difference and I can't afford to buy anymore myself. I couldn't persuade him for anymore. Also my sns system has arrived and I used it for three 2oz feeds yesterday and also started the first one of today. It's rather fiddly but when it works it's good. I have however found he has a poor latch when using it so not sure how to rectify this. I've tried latching him on then inserting the tube to no avail. He just gets frustrated. All in all in milk has uped to about 1.5oz a day total (just pumping days no latching) which to me seems very slow. Trying not to worry about it but its hard and today has been a bit of a day of me overthinking things. Does this slow increase in milk necessarily mean I won't get a full supply?