Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Not going well

Default Re: Not going well

Mama, you have tried so hard! I hope that someday, when you look back on this experience, you can feel proud. When you give everything you have, it's not a failure even when it doesn't turn out the way you hoped.

Please let yourself go out in public, and don't feel ashamed about using formula. And if you feel like putting your baby to the breast, don't be afraid to offer it. He might turn you down, but there's always a chance he won't.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Ah sweetpea, I totally understand how you feel. I think my journey is coming to and end. My milk continues to reduce. You should be so proud of all the effort. I know just how tough it is. This last 7weeks for me has been so, so hard.

Thank you both for your kind words and support throughout my relaxation journey. At the moment I am too raw to feel proud however I hope in the future I will look back on out BF journey in a different light.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sweetpea01 View Post
    Thank you both for your kind words and support throughout my relaxation journey.
    Oh, autocorrect, what have you done?! I don't think this up journey had any relaxation in it whatsoever!

Totally understand the feeling of rawness. I always think of Mr. Everest in situations like these. Some people get all the way to the top. Yay for them! But a lot more people realize that they have come to a point where they have to turn around and go back to base camp. Should they feel bad because of that? No! They climbed partway up Mt. Everest! And when the mountain became insurmountable, they had the awareness to go back down and live to do other things. That's something to be extraordinarily proud of.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Oh, autocorrect, what have you done?! I don't think this up journey had any relaxation in it whatsoever!

Totally understand the feeling of rawness. I always think of Mr. Everest in situations like these. Some people get all the way to the top. Yay for them! But a lot more people realize that they have come to a point where they have to turn around and go back to base camp. Should they feel bad because of that? No! They climbed partway up Mt. Everest! And when the mountain became insurmountable, they had the awareness to go back down and live to do other things. That's something to be extraordinarily proud of.
    I think that is a wonderful analogy.