Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast Feeding w/Implants

Default Breast Feeding w/Implants

I am sure this has been covered but, I looked for previous posts and could not find anything .....
    One of my best girlfriends is due to deliver in April and she has breast implants. I think in her heart of hearts, she really wants to BF but, she is nervous and intimidated (as most of us are the first time around with BFing) and is using her implants as an "out" .... instead of expressing the natural and normal fears we all have, she simply says "well, I might not be able to because of my implants".
    I feel compelled to encourage her in any way possible .... not PUSH it on her .... but, reassure her. I've shared my experience with her ... all the struggles I went through ... and how grateful I am that I stuck with it .... and how wonderful it is to be able to provide for my DS in that most special way that only a mother can.
    My problem is ... I know *nothing* about breast feeding with implants ... and I do not know anyone who has nursed with implants.
    If anyone here does, your experiences would be tremendously helpful to me. I want to be able to tell her that she can do it and share stories with her so she feels supported and hopeful.
    Thanks for any help you have to offer!

Default Re: Breast Feeding w/Implants

Here's some information you could share with her.
    From LLLI:
    Nursing with Breast Implants
    From Kellymom.com (not LLL):
    "Silicone implants are considered to be compatible with breastfeeding, but the surgery itself can affect breastfeeding for some moms."
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifes....html#implants

HTH!
    Mary

Default Re: Breast Feeding w/Implants

thanks! I appreciate the links!