Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP!? The spotting wont quit

Unhappy HELP!? The spotting wont quit

I started weaning my toddler (almost 2 yrs) and I got my first cycle back pretty normal and then the next month I started spotting and haven't stopped and its going on 3 months! Has anybody experienced this its really getting me down I have been to the doctor 2 times and she seems to think its normal hormonal stuff??

Default Re: HELP!? The spotting wont quit

Welcome to the forum!

I hate when a doc brushes off a concern like this with "It's your hormones". Because while it might be related to hormones, it could also be other things and you deserve a thorough evaluation and explanation of what they could be. This technical but still readable article discusses the evaluation and management of abnormal uterine bleeding: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2012/0101/p35.html

Are you using any form of hormonal contraception (e.g. the pill, the vaginal ring, the patch, the Depo shot, the minipill, implantable contraceptives, the Mirena IUD)? Irregular spotting is one of the most common side-effects of hormonal contraception.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks for the response! I read through the info and have googled the heck out of this but I am still unsure what to do. I should mention she did a pelvic exam, std testing, and a pap smear. Everything was normal...

No I am not on birth control but she did say I could do that to see if it would regulate me.. she thinks its normal to do that after weaning for some women??

I don't think the pelvic exam would tell you what you need to know. Blood work might or an ultrasound.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.