Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Crying over spilled milk

Default Crying over spilled milk

ya know, before I never really had the urge to cry over spilled milk, until it was my own breast milk I meant to feed my baby.

Default Re: Crying over spilled milk

I spilled my very first 2 oz bottle I ever made back when my baby was a newborn. I had had to pump four times for that bottle...you bet I cried!
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

I still remember spilling 5 oz on my bedroom floor, at a time when 5 oz was huge for me, because I was supplementing with about that much formula each day. I cried.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I had it happen a few times -- I cried a ton, and I cursed the pumps for being so top heavy!!
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

I was trying to build a freezer stash so I could go on a weekend trip to a friend's wedding when I spilled half a bag on my kitchen counter. You bet I cried.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

My first day back to work I spilled about 4 oz on myself and the floor in the kitchen at my office. I said a few choice words and sobbed while cleaning it up. So, not only was I feeling terribly sad about being away from my daughter for the first long stretch but also so angry about spilling that precious milk!

Of course I only spilled milk when it was a low supply time.

Mom to Samuel J.
    born 7lb. 10 oz. and 22" tall
    on Saturday, October 19, 2013.

I pumped 3oz once and not only spilled it, but the bottle made a loud bang as it hit the floor and woke the baby. I cried and went to the kitchen to get a towel to clean it up, but when I came back my cat was lapping it up!! For a moment I was pissed. That's my baby's milk, you damn cat! But then I realized how hilarious it was that my cat was licking up my breastmilk off the floor and started laughing.

Aren't postpartum hormones fun????
    Lisa & David Est. 9/3/11
    Madeline 12/31/13