Well I stopped feeding my gorgeous boy when my thrush infection got so severe that feeding was excruciating. I also had to stop expressing as the cracks I had would not heal. Finally the infection has almost gone and I am nearly healed so I am hoping to relactate/increase my supply.
It has been three weeks since I have fed consistently however my DS has latched on a couple of times during the break so I am hopeful that he will be open to going back on the breast. Before the infection I had a low supply so my aim is to mix feed and to hopefully feed him at least morning and evening.
So my plan is:
- Babymoon - taking a few days out for skin to skin and to focus on feeding
- Offering the breast often - both sides as often as possible
- Fenugreek 2 tablets 3x/day
- Start Domperidone prescription
- Express after each feed
- DS sleeps through so express late and early
- Eat oats - worth a shot
Anything else I can do to maximise our chances?