Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 months of pain...lip tie?

Default Re: 4 months of pain...lip tie?

That sounds like a good plan - I guess a little frustrating that there isn't anything obviously fixable, but on the other, good to know you're not missing anything, either. Hopefully things will keep getting better over the next few weeks.

I got some tips to resources for tongue/lip tie though
    http://www.lowmilksupply.org/frenotomy.shtml
    And a facebook support group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tong...abies/?fref=nf

Hang in there!! I think it'll improve with growth. BTW, I think I was suffering from vasospam which eventually got better too.

Just another update, we saw the pediatrician/IBCLC yesterday. She definitely thinks most of my pain is vasospasm, caused by a few factors - R's high palate, short tongue, "nibbling" when she is done eating and just comfort nursing. She also wants me to go back to a much bigger flange size (I had another post about this before - even though the 24s look way too big she thinks bigger is better when you're in pain). She clipped R's tongue frenulum even though she wasn't convinced it would help, and gave me an Rx for nifedipine to take for a month to help with the spasms. She recommended as much laid-back nursing as I can do, heat, and Ibuprofen as well. It wasn't a magical cure like I was kind of hoping for, but I definitely feel like we're on the right track.

That sounds positive - hope things continue to improve.

Fingers crossed for you! keep us updated--helpful for those moms with babies w tongue ties! Knowing tongue tie wasn't the end all be all for me helped me through rough times