Hello all, I’m trying to determine the cause of my 3 week old’s fussiness and cause for gas- if it's food allergy or oversupply issue...?
I’ve given up cow’s milk and some dairy since he was a week old thinking that was the reason for him being so gassy, but I’m wondering if that’s even the issue here..? Maybe it’s reflux or a foremilk imbalance?
His stools have never been green, but are usually “explosive.” Always a yellowish/mustard curdy consistency..
After feedings baby either immediately or about an hour later- will strain or have bad gas and flatulence. He will then calm down then half hour strain again and wake out of sleep at times. His tummy will feel tight and he’ll clench his fists. He’ll then act like he wants to nurse again, so I’ll let him. He’ll nurse, cry out in pain, nurse, and so on. I’ll try to burp him and soothe him. Occasionally he will spit up, but I’m thinking that’s from overfeeding?
- Baby gags, coughs, splutters, or makes a click noise while nursing
- I Leak occasionally, usually from other breast while baby feeds on opposite breast.
- Baby usually feeds about 7-10 minutes. Sometimes longer at night.
- He often wants just one breast per feeding
- Often pulls off the breast while nursing in the beginning to catch his breath
-he also gets the hiccups frequently
Not sure on his weight gain recently. We go to his 1 month checkup next week.
I’ve read about block feeding. I just want to make sure it sounds like I have an oversupply before I attempt that. If I do, how long do I block feed?
Thank you so much in advance, any help is appreciated.