Re: 8 month old with no change in weight - failure to thrive
Welcome to the forum!
Some questions for you:
- Has proper weighing procedure been followed at all checkups (baby weighed nude, using the same scale as last time)?
- Is there a possibility that someone recorded the weight incorrectly at the last checkup?
- Has your baby continued to grow in length and head circumference since her last checkup?
- Is your baby meeting her developmental milestones?
- Is your baby very active, doing a lot of reaching/rolling/crawling/etc.?
- Has your baby been tested for iron and zinc deficiency, or had a lead level done?
- How many times per day does your baby nurse?
- Does she nurse during the night, or is she sleeping all night long?
- Is your baby getting a vitamin supplement?
- What makes you think your supply isn't what it should be?
Sorry to answer your questions with more questions! It's just that FTT is a serious diagnosis which is supposed to be based on multiple factors. Crossing percentiles on a chart is not in and of itself a reason to diagnose a baby as FTT.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"