Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gorging during cluster feeds

Default Re: Gorging during cluster feeds

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllmeg View Post
    Kellymom.com has an online calculator for figuring out how much milk you will need to leave for separations. (the rule of thumb is between one and one and a half ounces per hour of separation.) She also has an article on paced bottle feeding, which is what you are talking about. We have a good handout too.
    I posted these links in roeni's other thread.

Default Re: Gorging during cluster feeds

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*roeni View Post
    Thanks...I actually saw the video link in another post about rooting and I saved that link.
    I am just trying to build a freezer stash so that I can be prepared for whatever the future brings...if I don't have milk one day I'd have some frozen to give him. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I just like to be prepared for anything I guess.
    I understand psychologically that it's nice to have a freezer stash, and sometimes it comes in handy. But I would suggest that your time with baby now is precious. When I look back on my maternity leaves I don't regret not pumping more! It's great that you are going to have a lot of flexibility around pumping at work. If that's the case, you should be able to maintain your supply, especially with lots of nursing at home, without needing a large amount of milk in the freezer.