Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best Mini Fridge/freezer for work?

Default Best Mini Fridge/freezer for work?

I'd like to buy a mini-fridge for my office at work with a small freezer compartment for ice packs. Can anyone recommend a quiet and reliable unit? I plan to pump and store the milk and pump parts in it during the day so I can drop off the milk at daycare in the evening and cut down on the number of times I need to wash the pump parts.

Default Re: Best Mini Fridge/freezer for work?

Back in College I had a little fridge with a true sub 0 freezer on top with a separate door which could not only make ice but keep food truly frozen. I wish I still had that since the freezer compartment on most mini fridge are lucky if they can make ice cubes and I would not expect them to re-freeze ice packs, at least not the ice packs I tend to use. And they often don't have much more than a 3" by 5" by 9" space as the "freezer".
    My little two door mini fridge was about the size of the taller dorm type fridge but it had the good freezer. I don't think it was really any noisier than the cheaper fridge but it definitely cost more.

I bought a small igloo brand fridge from wal-mart.com. They offered free delivery, so I had it sent straight to my office. The freezer compartment is small but it easily froze my ice pack. A great investment!

Thanks!