Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency Formula

Default Re: Emergency Formula

I was also asked by my baby's care provider and I sent along a packet that I got as a sample from Enfamil that makes a 4oz bottle. After him not using it for a few weeks the provider just sent it back to me I gave her a few extra bags of frozen milk in small quantities (1-2 oz) for emergency use.

They just told me it's only used for true emergencies ie I can't get to them and they have no more in the fridge or freezer.

I'd still say your child is not consuming formula. Give them another bag of milk if they need it. There are reasons some babies are never given formula and life long increased allergies and other diseases are part of it, but not all. What are the chances of something happening that you or someone else couldn't get your baby home to your stash of milk if you couldn't eve nurse?? It's so hypothetical and ridiculous and your child does not need formula. Seriously.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

By "emergency" they had better mean tornado, earthquake, flood or terrorist attack. Otherwise I would worry that they are over feeding babies if they are running out of breast milk.

I plan to show up the first day without it. Hopefully they won't ask for it.

They also said they've never actually used "emergency formula" so I think it'll be ok in the end.

I'm sure it will be fine!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"