Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: tongue tie

Default tongue tie

I've posted recently concerning my 5 month olds poops and possible dairy sensitivity. Well today I discovered my lo has a lip tie (and possible tongue tie- I wasn't able to check) and wondering if ties could cause a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and THAT be the cause of green/mucous bms and not a dairy sensitivity?

Although her bm's have recently become more yellow but still on the slimy side. I'm all sorts of confused

Default Re: tongue tie

In theory green mucousy poop can be because of foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. Are you having pain while nursing? Are you going to get the tie released?

My son had a tongue-tie and he had the imbalanced green bowel movements you describe - until about 3 months or so. We got the tie revised at 5 months. I don't think it was caused by that, though. At around 3 months was when my supply regulated so I'm assuming that since I became less full with the milk regulation, my baby didn't get so much foremilk anymore. Also, even today, towards nighttime my baby's poop is slightly greener than the normal mustard yellow ones of the morning.

As long as baby is gaining sufficient weight, the tongue/lip ties should be immaterial to the color of his poops.