Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pump life

Default Re: Pump life

I imagine it has to do with whatever deal the insurance company has with the different pump manufacturers. Different insurances will also cover different medications.

I had a PISA from my sister who used it to EP for a year (I replaced all the tubing and pieces for sanitary purposes) and it was so dead. I never got more than an ounce with it. I got an Ameda Purely Yours from my insurance and that one was fine for me.

I'm so excited! My insurance is completely covering a Medela Advanced Personal Double Breast Pump (ML) 57081! Medela told me it's the same motor and parts as the PISA. Sweet!
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

That's awesome! It's really great that insurance companies are covering pumps now. And it's nice to be able to have a second pump at home in case you need or want it.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bfwmomof3 View Post
    I imagine it has to do with whatever deal the insurance company has with the different pump manufacturers. Different insurances will also cover different medications.
    And different insurances use different durable goods distributors, which are the companies that supply the pumps, like a pharmacy would supply a medication. My insurance had two durable goods distributors that sold pumps, and they both offered very different selections. I had to decide between a Medela, like what mek is getting, or a Hygeia Q. The Hygeia came with a tote, while the other didn't, so it won out. (I sound like such a girl saying that, haha).

And I am super excited to have two pumps, so I can leave one at work. One less thing to worry about every morning.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Definitely. Schlepping the pump around is why I went with the Freestyle with my second baby, because it's so much lighter, even though it's a crappier pump. It's funny you mention the tote, I have a friend who is expecting her first in a few weeks and I was helping her out with pumps, the insurance company Medelas either don't come with a bag or the bags are ugly, compared to what you get in the store!